The IP-to-Country and Tools (v1.0):
This tool will determine the country by IP address over a range of IP lists. Just
enter your ip list in a text file and load the list into the program. Press 'Display
country' and you will have the IP to Country entries. The program can do also do
WhoIs requests for a specific domain. It's lightning fast and free for everyone.
You can use IP-to-Country and Tools for:
Real Time Geo-Locating (Country)
- Provide Location Aware Content (language, currency, etc.)
- Corporate Websites/E-commerce (think global, act local)
- Fraud Detection (Credit Card Fraud, etc.)
- On-line Campaign(targeted Banner Ads)
- Digital Rights Management
- Web Server Log Analysis
- Auto-selection of fields on forms (country, currency,language, etc.)
- Filter access on basis of originating country
- Spam Filtering
Although not 100% accurate, the IP-to-Country is about 98% accurate on country recognition.
The main reasons for this lie in the existence of dynamic IP addresses and Internet
access through proxy servers. Also, it should be noted that the IP-to-Country seeks
to indicate the country where resources were first allocated or assigned and are
not an authoritative statement of the location in which any specific resource may
currently be in use. These cases are very difficult and sometimes impossible to
map. However at this moment the IP-to-Country is by far the most accurate way to
determine the location of Internet users in real-time.
You may want to try our online version of the IP-Country Converter.
Click here to see how it works.